Energy and heat transfer in industrial systems
The scientific objectives of the theme on Energy and Heat Transfer in Industrial Systems (EHTIS) are:
- The description, the study, the analysis, the characterization, the modeling and the optimization of energy systems for the conversion and the transport of heat and cold involving fluid flow with phase change (ORC, HP, refrigeration systems, …)
- The optimization of the conception and the control of complex energy systems (energy networks)
- The understanding and the control of the phenomena governing passive two-phase systems (heat pipes, thermal interposers, …)
- The development of knowledge on phenomena governing phase change heat transfer (boiling, condensation, evaporation, frosting, …)
The applications targeted by these activities are:
- The waste heat recovery, the integration of renewable energies in the energy mix, the distribution and the conversion of heat and/or cold for domains such as transport, cities and industries
- The thermal control of electronic components (communication systems, transport …), power conversion systems or industrial systems (injection molds for polymers or foundry molds)
OrganizationThe EHTIS theme is divided into two research groups:
- Energy of Thermal and Refrigeration Systems (ESTF) which covers domains such as the thermodynamic conversion of heat, two-phase flow with phase change, refrigerated enclosures but also the issues related to the integration and the management of energy systems
- Phase Change Heat Transfer (TCP) which deals with phase change heat transfer at the scale of the fundamental phenomena or at the scale of the passive two-phase systems.
The theme is composed of 9 faculty members (3 Assistant Professors (MCF), 2 Associate Professors (MCF-HDR), 4 full professors (PR)) and has about a dozen doctoral students as well as post-docs and trainees.
Permanent personnelBONJOUR Jocelyn (PR INSA)CIOULACHDJIAN Serge (MCF INSA)HABERSCHILL Phillipe (MCF-HDR INSA emeritus)LEFEVRE Frédéric (PR INSA)LIPS Stéphane (MCF-HDR INSA)MICHEL Benoît (MCF INSA)REVELLIN Rémi (PR INSA)RULLIERE Romuald (MCF INSA)SARTRE Valérie (MCF-HDR INSA)Non-permanent personnel (as of 01/09/2018)ABBATE AdrienBUSSONNIERE SébastienDEUTZ Kevin RubenDIB GhadyMARTEL SamuelOLIVEIRA PEREIRA Leandro CristinoOUHIMD MustaphaVASILE Virginia